16 June 2010

Awesome Shit that I Have Already Done in DC

1) Sunrise Easter service at Arlington Cemetery
2) Midnight Mass at the National Cathedral on Christmas
3) Easter mass at the National Cathedral
4) Various Smithsonians - Air & Space, American History, Natural History, American Indian, Castle, American Art
5) Inauguration of President Obama
6) Inaugural Concert!
7) Inaugural Ball! Western States reppppresent
8) White House tour
9) Nats games at both RFK and Nats Park
10) Pride Festival (though not the parade, boo)
11) Cherry Blossom Festival
12) Flown into and out of all three airports (lame, I know, but it's a thing)
13) Lunch at the Senate cafeteria
14) Experienced a summer thunderstorm on top of a house in Columbia Heights
15) Tended bar at a DCWeek event
16) had days where I go to all four quadrants
17) eaten at Ben's Chili Bowl
18) mini-golf at H Street Country Club


Ok! some are boring. but there are some things that I think are cool because they can only be done in this city. SUCK IT, OTHER, LESSER CITIES.

there's lots of other stuff I can't remember right now

2 comments:

Muslim Hippie said...

Hey My significant other is currently in DC, he's there till Friday, I'll make sure to show him both lists.
Cheers!

mk said...

oh sweet! Yeah, tell him I say hi, and that if he has time, he should go to the National Postal Museum, because it's the coolest museum ever.