Many things to do before my sister comes to visit! Things include make/eat soup, keep BiebzBear alive, ride bicycle, go to doctor, clean house, make delicion plans, and magically make the weather into warm spring. which it is today! And I am not outside, of course.
Baby Bieber has been asleep for an hour and a half, which is excellent, but at 15 months, 33 inches, and 31 pounds, he is still not putting himself to sleep. It doesn't even really work to let him cry it out in his crib, because he either hasn't figured out that he needs to lie down to go to sleep, or he has figured out that if he stands up long enough someone will come in and probably pick him up (uh... latter). So, he stands in the corner and cries until he nods off, but then because he's standing he wakes himself up and starts screaming again.
I don't quite know how to tell his parents "your child should probably be putting himself to sleep by now, especially because he is way too big to hold and rock/bounce while trying to get him to fall asleep," because no one wants to be told by a 20-something how to raise his/her child, especially when that 20-something doesn't necessarily know what she's talking about. But I am pretty sure that 15 month olds should be putting themselves to sleep. I'm also pretty sure that the extinction method, letting him cry it out, will not ever work. I think that if parents are going to do that it has to be done and finished before the baby can pull up in the crib, which is usually around 10 months or so?
It drives me crazy that he doesn't put himself to sleep. The only other baby I know that wasn't putting himself to sleep at 15 months was Captain Bananio, and he is 2 and a half and STILL doesn't put himself to sleep (however, at 2.5, CB still doesn't weigh as much as BB does right now). I hope it is not a lost cause.
Here is what Lance Armstrong has to say on the matter. What!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment