So, November is notoriously a month where one tries to do things. Such as:
1) Write a novel (see: NaNoWriMo)
2) Write a tune every day (see: my friend's crazy flute playing mom)
3) Post a picture every day (see: NaPhoPoMo, my sister)
4) One blog post every day (see: various)
I have decided to extrapolate on this theme, and post to my blog every day. Not only that! But the theme of the post will be something that makes me happy.
Today, since it's already November 3 and I have missed days 1 and 2, I will post THREE WHOLE THINGS that make me happy.
THING ONE. That my kitten will continually dig the old kitten food bag out of the trash and carry it around the apartment. He's a die hard kitten food fan. It's very cute.
THING TWO. Photos of friends. I recently printed many and got some of those frames that have many slots, and put them on my wall. Not only does it make my wall look less depressing, it is nice for my friends and family to tell me hello when I come home, or wake up in the morning.
THING THREE. The man who hands out Express at the Rockville Metro Station. He stands at the top of the stairs and hollers to everyone to have a great week. One of my roughest mornings was the first time he talked to me personally, probably a couple weeks ago, and he told me, "Stay strong, pretty eyes." I almost cried, because at that point I think I had no makeup on, I was probably about 30 minutes late to work, and I was starving and cranky. Several days since then he's told me the same thing, and I'm sure that he tells lots of people that, but I don't care.
This morning, he told me that I looked beautiful. I grinned all the way down the Pike to my office. I think I'm his biggest fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! I love this project.
I love happiness! Also you. May I call you Pretty Eyes?
Post a Comment