The interwebben are alight with chatter about Lady Gaga's new music video. It took me a bit to come around to Gaga; I mostly just thought she was a nutter with a penchant for strange hair. And then I realized that she and her production team are crazyinsane artistic geniuses.
Her video for "Telephone" picks up where the "Paparazzi" video leaves off, and includes Beyonce, sunglasses made of lit cigarettes, poison honey, and the Pussy Wagon, so, um, it couldn't possibly get much better. Here I have embedded it from MTVMusic.com, which I try to use as often as possible, in support of MTV's lost music days.
Also on the interwebben, the new OK Go video for "This Too Shall Pass," which I can't embed, but here it is. The official video of the marching band version has been out for a couple months and it's pretty cool, but this new one is AWESOME. Like a bunch (most? all?) of their other videos, it's one continuous shot, and they filmed in a warehouse in 60+ takes over two days. It's well worth the less than 4 minutes of your life.
Thirdly and finally in music news for today, I got a ticket to the Pavement show in Philly in September. I'm pretty pumped about that! My friend Steve bought his ticket separately from me, and ended up 5 seats away purely by luck. We're in Orchestra A, Row C, which is pretty sweet, though we're a little over to the right, I guess. If you're in DC or Philly, or anywhere else close, there are still tickets available, so you should come!!!
Today I was standing in the living room and my kitchen sink made a funny noise. I looked at it and it looked normal, and then 20 seconds later I looked at it again and it looked like this:

WHAT.
Time to finish my food desert paper and experiential map, and start packing for New Orleans. I'm taking my computer, so maybe I will bloggy while I'm there.
Tomorrow is my first adventure with a Zipcar! I get to go buy cat food and cat litter in Bethesda, so... that's cool. My Honda Civic's name is Carl. First time driving in DC! wooo

No comments:
Post a Comment